Thursday, October 7, 2010

Surface Research and Destroy Project

I came up with several ideas for this project and finally decided upon making a box with seven layers of cardboard. For each layer of cardboard, I am creating a new scene. Each time the scene is done, I will cut out that layer of cardboard and paint on the one below. I struggled with narrowing down my central message/meaning. 

I've decided upon capturing flaws in human relations, first with regard to the treatment of women, then expanding to people in general. I intend to create a progression of images through word association. My progression goes as follows- gift, girl, bra, cow, milk carton, face on a milk carton, Harvey Milk. Each of these images build on one another, representing a cycle of neglect and objectification that exists within our culture. 


(there is a second video continuing the unwrapping, but it will not upload for some reason)





No comments:

Post a Comment